You are here: Home Frequently Asked Questions FAQ – What Can I Do With My G1 Permit?

FAQ - What Can I Do With My G1 Permit?

Special Conditions When Driving With a G1 Permit:

Up to the time that you pass a G1 exit road test, you must drive with a fully-licenced driver in the passenger seat and observe the following restrictions and rules:

  • The accompanying driver has to have a full Class G Licence (or better) and have been licenced to drive for at least four years.
  • He/she can be the only passenger in the front seat of the vehicle with you.
  • You have to have had your G1 Licence at least 12 months before attempting the G1 test.
  • Never exceed 0% blood alcohol content at any time
  • It is also necessary for your co-driver to have a blood alcohol content below 0.05% in case they have to take over as driver.
  • If the accompanying driver is 21 or under they must have zero per cent in case he/she needs to assume control of the vehicle.

You may not drive on the following highways unless with a certified driving instructor:

  • 400 series highways (400, 400A, 401, 402, 403, 404, 406, 407, 409, 410, 416, 417, 420, 427)
  • Queen Elizabeth Way
  • Don Valley Parkway
  • Gardiner Expressway
  • E.C. Row Expressway
  • Conestoga Parkway
  • Any Highway with a speed limit in excess of 80 KPM.
  • No driving between 12:00am and 5:00am.
  • All rear seat passengers must be wearing a seat belt – only one per seatbelt.
  • Drive only G Class designated vehicles.